You are here
Submitting Community Info
The Abbotsford School District has largely moved away from distributing printed materials from external organizations to students and families unless specifically associated with a student's education or school matters. Today, most schools distribute their news or newsletters electronically - via email or posted on their school websites - and thus distributing printed materials is less effective (as well as having an environmental and extra labour cost.) We have created this webpage area on the district site as an opportunity for approved messages and information to be provided to the public, including families and students in our schools.
If you are a representative of an external organization and wish to have some information considered for publishing on this webpage, please note the following criteria, as detailed in school district administration procedures covering distribution of materials:
Distribution of General Information Items in Schools
1) All requests for distribution of items to schools must be submitted in advance to permit review by, and approval of, the Superintendent or designate (generally the Manager of Communications)
2) No materials will be accepted for distribution to students and families from businesses or for-profit enterprises.
3) Once reviewed and approved, materials/information will be distributed to appropriate audiences, on a schedule to be determined by the school district.
4) All materials for distribution must comply with Canada’s Anti-Spam Law.
To make a request for approval of/distribution of material, please be sure to include the following:
- Name of organization
- Event/activity/program (max. 2 line summary)
- Contact for more information (including web address)
- Flyers/posters are acceptable in either pdf or jpg formats, max size 4 MB.
Please email your requests.