You are here
Grades 1-12 Registration
- Determine which school your child will be attending. Visit the individual school profiles or use School Locator to find out where your neighbourhood school is located.
- Download and complete the School and Student Registration forms found in Administrative Procedure 336.
- Contact the school directly to complete the registration process.
- Note: Registration for grades 1-12 commences February 1st (or, if Feb.1 falls on a weekend, the first business day following.)
IMPORTANT UPDATE (June 7): Please see this letter regarding changes to registration priorities and out of catchment placements.
For Choice Schools:
Contact the individual school:
- Centennial Park Elementary (Gr.1-5), 2527 Gladwin Road, 604.853.9148
- Clearbrook Elementary (Gr.1-5), , 3614 Clearbrook Road, 604.859.5348
- Margaret Stenersen Elementary (Gr.1-5),, 3060 Old Clayburn Road, 604.859.3151
- Sandy Hill Elementary (Gr.1-5), , 3836 Old Clayburn Road, 604.850.7131
- Chief Dan George Middle School (Gr.6-8), 3287 Old Riverside Road, 604.852.9616
- W.J.Mouat Secondary (Gr.9-12), 32355 Mouat Drive, 604.853.7191
INTEGRATED ARTS (ASIA):
- To register a student in grades 1-5 at the North Poplar Elementary (604.859.3101) or in grades 6-12 at Sumas Mountain Middle/Secondary (604.850.5207), contact the school; the student will be placed on a wait list and you will be notified when space is available.
TRADITIONAL: (for September, 2016)
- Auguston Traditional Elementary (604.557.0422): If you wish to register a student in grades 1-5, an application may be made on-line. The student will be placed on a wait list and you will be notified when space is available. Please see Auguston’s website (under “Our School”, “Wait List”) for more information.
- King Traditional Elementary (604.857.0903): If you wish to register a student in grades 1-5, applications are accepted online. Applications are placed in order based on when they were started online. Please do not try to register more than once. If the school receives more than one application for a child, they place all of that child’s applications at the bottom of the list. Parents will be notified if a space becomes available for their child. Please do not call the school to ask where your child's name is on the list as they do not reveal this information. See King's school website for more information.
- South Poplar Traditional Elementary (604.853.1845): If you wish to register a student in grades 1-5, an application may be made now. The student will be placed on a wait list and you will be notified when space is available.Please see southpoplar.sd34.bc.ca for more information
- Abbotsford Traditional Middle (604.850.3511): Gr.6-8.
- Abbotsford Traditional Secondary (604.850.7029): Gr.9-12.
Documents for registering
Proof of age of the child by birth certificate is required (schools will make a photo copy). To ensure the child being registered qualifies for Ministry of Education funding, the biological parents/legal guardians’ status and the biological parents/legal guardians’ residency need to be established. Schools may register the child providing the following are established:
1. At least one biological parent/legal guardian is a Canadian Citizen by birth or naturalized (obtained citizenship) and they can support this with the following pieces of identification:
- Parent’s Canadian Citizenship Card
- Parent’s Canadian Birth Certificate
- Parent’s Canadian Passport.
2. The biological parent/legal guardian can provide proof of residency, and must provide ONE of the following:
- Utility bill
- Mortgage document
- Property Sale Agreement
- Property Tax Notice/Assessment
- Rental or Lease Agreement
In addition ONE of the following three documents containing the name and address of the parent/guardian is required:
- Bank statement
- Credit card statement
- Government document (eg. MSP bill)
3. OR if the child has attended school in the Abbotsford School District in the past OR is coming from another school district OR if there is a sibling who has already been attending school in the school district.
4. You will also need to provide your child's CareCard, and your doctor's name and phone number.
5. Other required documents as determined by the school.
6. If you are the Abbotsford resident biological parent /legal guardian of the child but are not a Canadian Citizen by birth or by naturalization (obtained citizenship), you are required to report to the School District Office prior to registering your child at the schools. Please call 604.851.4585 (International Student office) to make an appointment. They will confirm which documents you must provide.
Registration for families who are not Canadian citizens
For students from another country (outside Canada) please contact Luella Johnsen (604) 852-2366 ext.1203 or by email to set up an appointment. Also see the registration letter in following link: Letter to families who are not Canadian citizens.
There are no set deadlines for enrolling your child in any one of the District's schools, although please note the following:
- If you are new to the district, registration for grades 1-12 commences February 1st (or, if Feb.1 falls on a weekend, the first business day following.) Please stop by the school in your catchment area to register on or after that date.
- If you move into your neighbourhood during the school year, please stop by the school in your catchment area at any time during the school day to register.
- Kindergarten for the upcoming school year (starting in September), your child must turn 5 years of age between January 1 and December 31. Check here for latest information on kindergarten registration.
Please contact the Principal of the school in your catchment area, your school of interest or the District office at 604.859.4891 and we will be pleased to assist you in registering your child in the school that is best for their learning needs.
Last updated: July 5, 2016